- HUNGARY - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION OF OVER 2,800 DIFFERENT - 406394Hungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $900.00 – $1000Stock #: 406394Your Price $450.00 Originally $900.00
- HUNGARY - MOSTLY MINT, ALL HIGH-QUALITY SELECTION OF THOUSANDS - 406229Hungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $500.00 – $600Stock #: 406229Your Price $250.00 Originally $500.00
- HUNGARY - Vast accumulation of many thousands of mint and used issues - 405873Hungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $2,500.00 – 3000Stock #: 405873Your Price $1,150.00 Originally $2,300.00
- HUNGARY - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION IN A BEAUTIFUL ALBUM - 405038Hungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $1,500.00 – $2000.00Stock #: 405038Your Price $500.00 Originally $1,250.00
- HUNGARY - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION TO 1980 - 404027Hungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $2,500.00 – $3,000.00Stock #: 404027Your Price $875.00 Originally $2,500.00
- HUNGARY - ALL MINT, NH SHEET AND BLOCK SELECTION - 402781Hungary (HUNGA)Scott Catalog About: $7,100Stock #: 402781Your Price $472.50 Originally $1,350.00
- HUNGARY - VERY NICE COLLECTION TO 2000 in three matched green pristine Scott Specialty albums (with slipcase). The retail for the album alone over $800, with good pre-1940 and then strong Communist period, good Semi-postals, Airs and Occupations. Very higHungary (HUNGA)Estimated Net Value: $2,000.00 – $3,000.00Stock #: 401564Your Price $700.00 Originally $2,000.00
- HUNGARIAN OCCUPATIONS - BANAT / BACSKA - ISSUED UNDER SERBIAN OCCUPATION, all-mint, high quality, and virtually complete on clean black stock pages. Most issues duplicated several times. The selection features consists primarily of fascinating, highly desHungary (HUNGA)Scott Catalog About: $3,300.00Stock #: 399926Your Price $297.50 Originally $850.00
- HUNGARIAN OCCUPATIONS - DEBRECEN FIRST & SECOND ISSUES, high quality, all-mint and stored neatly on clean black stock pages with light duplication throughout. The selection is virtually complete including premium mint highlights like mint #2N3, 2N4-2N5, 2Hungary (HUNGA)Scott Catalog About: $6,650.00Stock #: 399928Your Price $595.00 Originally $1,700.00
Collectible Foreign Stamps
One of the great things about collecting stamps is that it gives you a little taste of what life is like around the world without leaving your home. Aside from being beautiful in their own right, stamps are a wonderful window into the customs and histories of various countries — even some that no longer exist!
At Apfelbaum, Inc., we’ve been serving the philatelic community since 1910. If you’re looking to add to your worldwide stamp collection, there’s no better place to start than at one of our public auctions.
A Brief Postal History
The first national postage stamp — the Penny Black — was produced in the United Kingdom in 1840. Prior to that, each mail system had its own method for collecting payment. The stamp was a simple, straightforward way of handling payments that meant less work for mail carriers.
As a result, stamp use quickly spread throughout both the British Empire and the world at large. While the first stamps generally depicted political figures, designs soon became more ornate and pictorial, eventually evolving into a way to symbolize historic events, national priorities and cultural touchstones.
Collectible Foreign Stamps
Stamp collecting first emerged as a popular hobby soon after the first national postal systems were founded. Countries found they could generate revenue by issuing limited-run stamps solely for the collectible market. While many collectors specialize in a specific country, there’s no denying that an exhaustive worldwide stamp collection has a certain exotic cachet that speaks of far-off lands and distant customs.
Dead Country Stamps
One fascinating offshoot of historical philately is the practice of collecting “dead country” stamps. Dead country stamps are postage stamps from countries or territories that no longer exist. Stamps from former Soviet Republics, areas under colonial rule, and since-annexed territories are all highly prized by certain collectors.
Building Your Foreign Stamp Collection
Apfelbaum, Inc. frequently holds auctions of collectible foreign stamps and you can always find them for sale in our Stamp Store and Buy It Now sales as well. If there’s something in particular that you’re looking to add to your collection, contact our office by phone or email for assistance. We also offer appraisal services at your location to better serve you.