Items 241-300 of 1009
- (176), 10 sheets of 100, EXTREMELY FINE, og, NH - 405454Viet Nam (VIETN)Scott Catalog Value: $3,500.00Stock #: 405454Your Price $180.00 Originally $400.00
- FRENCH COLONIES - ALL MINT PRE-INDEPENDENCE COLLECTION - 406222French Colonies Collections (FRCOLX)Estimated Net Value: $1,500.00 – $2000.00Stock #: 406222Your Price $750.00 Originally $1,500.00
- FRENCH COMMUNITY - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION IN FIVE - 405319French Colonies Collections (FRCOLX)Estimated Net Value: $1,750.00 – $2000Stock #: 405319Your Price $787.50 Originally $1,750.00
- FRENCH COLONIES - FANTASTIC SIX VOLUME COLLECTION - 403847French Colonies Collections (FRCOLX)Estimated Net Value: $4,500.00 – $5,000Stock #: 403847Your Price $1,800.00 Originally $4,500.00
- (23), small faults, looks VERY FINE, PF Cert - 405811North German Confederation (NGCON)Scott Catalog Value: $1,750.00Stock #: 405811Your Price $247.50 Originally $550.00
- GERMAN STATES - FANTASTIC COLLECTION OF ELUSIVE STATE ISSUES - 406063German States Collections (GERSTX)Scott Catalog About: $46,975.00Stock #: 406063Your Price $3,750.00 Originally $7,500.00
- GERMAN STATES - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION WITH PREMIUM - 405360German States Collections (GERSTX)Estimated Net Value: $1,000.00 – $1,250Stock #: 405360Your Price $500.00 Originally $1,000.00
- GERMANY & STATES - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION WITH BETTER STATES & GDR - 405331German States Collections (GERSTX)Estimated Net Value: $900.00 – $1,000Stock #: 405331Your Price $400.00 Originally $800.00
- WURRTEMBURG, THURN & TAXIS - PREMIUM SELECTION - 404910German States Collections (GERSTX)Scott Catalog About: $1725.00Stock #: 404910Your Price $200.00 Originally $400.00
- GERMAN STATES - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION Very impressive high value selection of couple thousand issues covering the stamps of German States with total catalog value adding up to over $50,000 in total. And the above catalog value does not account in any wayGerman States Collections (GERSTX)Estimated Net Value: $5,000.00 – $6,000.00Stock #: 400588Your Price $1,925.00 Originally $5,500.00
- (MQ2var), 1944 Feldpost bisect on cover, very rare, (signed Bloch) - 405197Germany (GE)Stock #: 405197Your Price $1,000.00 Originally $2,000.00
- GERMAN STATES - VERY NICE COLLECTION OF HUNDREDS - 405180Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $900.00 – $1,000.00Stock #: 405180Your Price $405.00 Originally $900.00
- (1872 5g Small Shield Forerunner (Michel #V6),) VERY FINE (MI €400)Germany (GE)(Catalog Value): $500.00Stock #: 397836Your Price $73.50 Originally $210.00
- (82/W2.3 & 82/W2.4), Quint and Lecin labels and block of four 5pf, VERY FINE (MI €1400)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $1,670.00Stock #: 393628Your Price $157.50 Originally $525.00
- (82, 82d, 83, 83c) in an Unexploded Booklet, without number on cover, not perfed through border (Michel MH #4.4B), VERY FINE, og, NH (MI €19000)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $22,645.00Stock #: 392886Your Price $2,100.00 Originally $7,000.00
- (82f, 84, 120, 120c, Michel MH#13A), two unexploded booklets, VERY FINE, og, NH (MI €600)Germany (GE)(Catalog Value): $715.00Stock #: 393914Your Price $66.00 Originally $220.00
- (355), booklet pane of ten (Michel HBl #51B), VERY FINE, og, NH (MI €2200)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $2,625.00Stock #: 393635Your Price $270.00 Originally $900.00
- (667-668, B309), blocks of four, VERY FINE, og, NHGermany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $372.00Stock #: 401994Your Price $70.00 Originally $200.00
- (704, 706, 708, 710-711, 756 & 759,) strips of five with black plate number on back, EXTREMELY FINE, og, NH (MI €501.50)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $625.00Stock #: 397831Your Price $96.25 Originally $275.00
- (708), in an unexploded booklet (Michel MH #6a), VERY FINE, og, NH (MI €500)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $645.00Stock #: 392910Your Price $66.00 Originally $220.00
- (738), First Day Card (Michel #ETB 1), VERY FINE (MI 300 Euros)Germany (GE)(Catalog Value): $320.00Stock #: 391244Your Price $19.50 Originally $65.00
- (898), imperf (Michel #446U), EXTREMELY FINE, og, NH (MI €600)Germany (GE)(Catalog Value): $740.00Stock #: 399971Your Price $140.00 Originally $400.00
- (1756 var, Michel #1624U), imperf single, EXTREMELY FINE, og, NH (MI 550 Euros)Germany (GE)(Catalog Value): $690.00Stock #: 391521Your Price $39.00 Originally $130.00
- (1984), ten recalled sheets of ten, EXTREMELY FINE, og, NHGermany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $350.00Stock #: 401998Your Price $70.00 Originally $200.00
- GERMANY & AREA - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION OF THOUSANDS - 406066Germany (GE)Scott Catalog About: $4,750.00Stock #: 406066Your Price $625.00 Originally $1,250.00
- GERMANY - NICE ACCUMULATION WITH DIFFERENT PREMIUM ISSUES THROUGHOUT - 405847Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $2,000.00 – $3,000.00Stock #: 405847Your Price $1,000.00 Originally $2,000.00
- GERMANY - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION IN THREE STOCKBOOKS AND A COLLECTION - 405371Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $1,250.00 – $1,500Stock #: 405371Your Price $562.50 Originally $1,250.00
- GERMAN AREA - LOVELY MOSTLY NON DUPLICATED - 403859Germany (GE)Estimated Catalog Value: $3,000.00 – $4,000.00Stock #: 403859Your Price $1,350.00 Originally $3,000.00
- GERMAN AREA - HIGH QUALITY TWO-VOLUME COLLECTION - 405311Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $1,250.00 – $1500Stock #: 405311Your Price $500.00 Originally $1,250.00
- BERLIN & THE G.D.R. - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION - 405301Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $1,000.00 – $1100Stock #: 405301Your Price $400.00 Originally $1,000.00
- G.D.R. & SOVIET ZONE GERMANY - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION - 405019Germany (GE)Estimated Catalog Value: $500.00 – $600.00Stock #: 405019Your Price $200.00 Originally $500.00
- GERMANY - HIGH QUALITY MAINLY PREMIUM SELECTION - 404725Germany (GE)Scott Catalog About: $7,100.00Stock #: 404725Your Price $600.00 Originally $1,500.00
- GERMAN COLONIES, OCCUPATIONS & LOCALS - HIGH QUALITY COLLECTION - 402929Germany (GE)Estimated Net Value: $1,500.00 – $2000Stock #: 402929Your Price $525.00 Originally $1,500.00
- GERMANY & AREA - Group of 15 cacheted, mostly addressed First Day Covers from 1952 to 1956, on pages. Most notable are Germany #688, 695, B332-33, Berlin #9N80, 9N122, among others. Gen. VERY FINE (MI €988)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog About: $1,170.00Stock #: 402108Your Price $113.75 Originally $325.00
- GERMANY & AREA - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION OF THOUSANDS of different stamps and some souvenir sheets. The selection features lovely material from most periods of German philately, including good States, Reich, Empire, colonies and more. The selection featureGermany (GE)Scott Catalog About: $6,250.00Stock #: 401638Your Price $595.00 Originally $1,700.00
- GERMAN - USED BLOCK COLLECTION with better including #80-95, 118-132, 137-155, 161-184 (missing 181), 185-192, 238A-240A, 241-278 (missing 242A), 280-299, 301-309, 310-316, 319-321, C8-C14, C15-C19, O40, O41, O42, and more. F-VFGermany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $27,000.00Stock #: 396984Your Price $1,225.00 Originally $3,500.00
- GERMANY & STATES - HIGH QUALITY SELECTION stored and organized neatly on individually Scott numbered dealer's stock cards, with light duplication throughout. The selection begins with a few nice 19th century state issues, followed by good German Empire, TGermany (GE)Scott Catalog About: $2,800.00Stock #: 396232Your Price $183.75 Originally $525.00
- (B24a), in an Unexploded Booklet (Michel MH #27.3), VERY FINE, og, NH (MI €800)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $950.00Stock #: 392896Your Price $90.00 Originally $300.00
- (B33a-B33d), in a block, on cover, with IPOSTA Cancel, VERY FINE (MI €670)Germany (GE)Scott Catalog Value: $825.00Stock #: 398793Your Price $122.50 Originally $350.00
Items 241-300 of 1009
Collectible Foreign Stamps
One of the great things about collecting stamps is that it gives you a little taste of what life is like around the world without leaving your home. Aside from being beautiful in their own right, stamps are a wonderful window into the customs and histories of various countries — even some that no longer exist!
At Apfelbaum, Inc., we’ve been serving the philatelic community since 1910. If you’re looking to add to your worldwide stamp collection, there’s no better place to start than at one of our public auctions.
A Brief Postal History
The first national postage stamp — the Penny Black — was produced in the United Kingdom in 1840. Prior to that, each mail system had its own method for collecting payment. The stamp was a simple, straightforward way of handling payments that meant less work for mail carriers.
As a result, stamp use quickly spread throughout both the British Empire and the world at large. While the first stamps generally depicted political figures, designs soon became more ornate and pictorial, eventually evolving into a way to symbolize historic events, national priorities and cultural touchstones.
Collectible Foreign Stamps
Stamp collecting first emerged as a popular hobby soon after the first national postal systems were founded. Countries found they could generate revenue by issuing limited-run stamps solely for the collectible market. While many collectors specialize in a specific country, there’s no denying that an exhaustive worldwide stamp collection has a certain exotic cachet that speaks of far-off lands and distant customs.
Dead Country Stamps
One fascinating offshoot of historical philately is the practice of collecting “dead country” stamps. Dead country stamps are postage stamps from countries or territories that no longer exist. Stamps from former Soviet Republics, areas under colonial rule, and since-annexed territories are all highly prized by certain collectors.
Building Your Foreign Stamp Collection
Apfelbaum, Inc. frequently holds auctions of collectible foreign stamps and you can always find them for sale in our Stamp Store and Buy It Now sales as well. If there’s something in particular that you’re looking to add to your collection, contact our office by phone or email for assistance. We also offer appraisal services at your location to better serve you.